Since its introduction, the ACG SCOPY: Service Award for Colorectal Cancer Outreach, Prevention & Year-Round Excellence has generated a tremendous outpouring of creativity and enthusiasm from ACG members working in their GI practices and their communities to raise awareness of colorectal cancer prevention.
This award is a great opportunity for ACG members to showcase their best efforts in raising awareness in their communities. In 2015 and 2016, ACG honored dozens of ACG members and their dedicated staffs by presenting the inaugural SCOPY Awards in recognition of a tremendous range of colorectal cancer prevention awareness campaigns and events, including community education events, awareness walks, fun runs, a spin-a-thon, infographics and other patient education materials, as well Dress-in-Blue-Day photos, examples of radio, news and print media outreach, educational videos, and other unique awareness activities, such as as a holiday tree decorated with colonoscopes, a polyp who raps on YouTube, and even an original poem.
All of these winning submissions demonstrated the outstanding creativity and commitment of ACG members in spreading the potentially lifesaving message of the importance of colorectal cancer screening and prevention.
You can view the 2016 winners and get inspiration here
You can view the 2015 winners and get even more inspiration here
As you plan and implement your activities for March Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, consider submitting for a 2017 SCOPY
Any events, materials and outreach efforts sponsored, implemented or created between January 1, 2017 and May 31, 2017 are eligible for consideration. If you’ve taken action in your community to raise Colorectal Cancer Awareness, share your experience with your collegues, you may just win a SCOPY!
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- General CRC screening call-to-action
- Colorectal cancer informational posters, flyers, brochures
- Young onset CRC
- Family history/Lynch syndrome
- Colonoscopy prep
- Survivor stories
SCOPY Awards will be given to videos in categories such as:
- Most Humorous
- Best Instructional/Educational Video
- Best Video by a GI Fellow in Training
- Best Video by a GI Clinic or Hospital
- Best Foreign Language Video
- Best Video Featuring a Polyp
- Best Initiative by an ACG Governor
- Best Initiative to Address Health Care Disparities
- “Best in Blue” a new category in 2016 for the most creative and splendid Dress in Blue Day efforts
All SCOPY Award winners will be invited to walk the Blue Carpet and attend a special awards reception at ACG’s 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting at the World Congress of Gastroenterology in Orlando, FL. The College challenges all of you to rally your office staff, colleagues, fellows, and your most creative ideas in support of the ACG SCOPY Awards.
- Scientific accuracy
- Potential public health impact
- Educational value
- High number of online views
- Submissions must be sponsored, implemented or created between January 1, 2017 and May 31, 2017.
- Signed releases are required for everyone in video or photo
- Videos should be 2 minutes or less
- No trademark/copyright infringements, including the use of copyrighted music
- No profanity/no nudity
To submit your project, use the SCOPY online submission form.
Questions? Please contact mediaonly[at]gi.org